This year Is the most exciting Halloween ever because for once it lands on a Saturday. I don’t know about you but I feel like it hasn’t landed on a Saturday in a very long time. We can finally have an amazing late-night Halloween. You can play along if you’re going out or staying at home. So let’s make this the most wonderful Halloween.
Easy pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Wash all your pumpkin seeds to get the pulp off. Placing them in a large bowl of water will help because the seeds will float.
- Boil your pumpkin seeds for about 10 minutes. This helps to cook the insides of your seeds, so when you roast them, you will get the perfect crunchy seeds.
- Drain the seeds and add a little olive oil and lots of Garlicky Italian seasoning from the garlic box.
- Cover your baking sheets in tin foil or parchment paper to keep them from sticking
- Place them on the baking sheet so all the seeds are separate. Bake for 40 minutes occasionally stirring and flipping them so they brown evenly.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Easy cinnamon apple chips slice
- Preheat your oven to 200 F
- Slice your apples as thinly as possible using a mandolin at 1/16” thickness
- Cover the apples in the Provisions Food Company cinnamon sugar seasoning and bake for two hours flipping them all once halfway through.
- Take them out for five minutes and if they haven’t crisped up put them back in for 20 more minutes.
The Food Company also makes delicious popcorn and popcorn seasoning. Make sure you try them out for your next party. They will be an instant hit!
The best part about a party is the food. We have so many amazing snacks for your ghoulish family game night here at Anna’s… kettle-cooked chips, spooky black licorice, popcorn and scariest of all is our black spaghetti! My family had so much fun adding little eyeballs to our pasta dishes with a little bit of pesto. Watch your kids have a silly and creative fun time with dinner tonight with our black bean spaghetti. Don’t tell your kids that it’s actually super high in protein and good for them. It’s a trick and a treat!
We also have many different kinds of delicious chips and amazing licorice! Add the black liquorice for some spooky Halloween treats.
Easy Evil apple cider
Simply use our delicious Delhaven apple cider made in Blenheim Ontario. Then let the kids peel some fun apples, the funnier looking the better and drop them in the hot cider. For a spooky ghoulish good time.
I have planned a little scavenger hunt. Simply print out the little clues or write them on a piece of paper and hide them around your house with candy to collect. Let’s get excited, turn out the lights and let’s grab our flashlights and have some fun.
- Roll to it little pumpkin the fun has begun …..find the first clue where bathing is done!
- Deep under the couch where the dust bunnies hide, this will be where your next clue will reside.
- The weather is cold, no need for a coat but search this place for your next note.
- Looking for the missing link? Take a look at the bathroom sink!
- Lay back and relax under a tree this is where your next clue might be.
- Here’s another riddle that must be told ….look where we like to keep our milk cold.
- Cooking outside is such a thrill we should do our cooking on the grill.
- Need a drink? Go get a glass …..this game is going to be a blast!
- Wanting more? Go open the front door!
- A bunny is fast not like a snail the next place to look is where you get the mail.
- Look in the place that keeps food VERY cold and stops it from growing mould!
- You’re getting really close to the end of this race your next clue is in a spot where you can see your face.
- This hunt will not be hard as you can see your next clue is at the bottom of a fiddle fig tree.
- The next clue you don’t have to look hard, for it’s hiding inside of your mom’s car!
- Hey you cool cats and kittens this is quite fun, go look at that spot where the laundry is done.
- Hippity hop you’re on the right track…..find your next clue at the top of the dish rack.
- Hansel and Gretel were almost cooked in a pot…. go look here, I promise it’s not hot.
- Under the tv you will find, another clue I have left behind.
- Pumpkins sitting on the gate, tick-tock the time is getting late.
- Now the end is very near, search the place your dad keeps beer!
I hope you enjoyed some of my clues and if you can come up with any more I’d love if you could add them in the comments!
The best part about this year‘s festivities is no bedtime. Let’s stay up as late as we can and watch some family-friendly spooky movies.
Here are some of my favourites that we’re going to be enjoying this year.
- The Nightmare before Christmas
- Addams family
- Coraline -Goosebumps
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- ET-Scooby Doo
- Monster House
- Corpse Bride
- The Haunted Mansion
What movie are you going to watch Saturday night?
One of my favourite Halloween traditions is pumpkin carving. There is something about getting your hands in between the squishy seeds and getting creative. Come into Anna’s today and purchase your pumpkins before they’re all gone!
Oooo went the wind and out went the lights and 5 little pumpkins rolled out of sight!