Have you ever spent days dreaming of having a beautiful farmhouse while living in the city?! I have spent many hours swooning over beautiful farmhouse kitchens online….dreaming of that warm, rustic decor.
Farmhouse style has to be one of my favourite decor styles because it’s so accessible. By mixing new, vintage, and rustic items, you will instantly give your house an inviting, welcoming feeling.
I love this entry way from @Burlapbythebeach . A great way to add farmhouse decor in your home is with a giant clock or tabasco basket. https://www.instagram.com/p/CAoVk_7HPKo/?igshid=36lktvv6rtbb
I love the beautiful easy stylings of @Whitecityfarmhouse. She has a stunning rustic coffee table, topped with a white pitcher and faux eucalyptus branches. It is simple and elegant while giving the perfect farmhouse vibe. https://www.instagram.com/p/CESMwrkJWdz/?igshid=9m1mvrl629pn
I just absolutely love the styling of @ourfauxfarmhouse located nowhere near a farm, in the beautiful suburbs of Texas. Holly and Brad have an amazing home with beautiful thick barn beams and rustic decor. Their home styling is absolutely jaw-dropping.
Some other easy styling tips for farmhouse decor:
- Open shelving in your kitchen. Showcase your cast iron and copper pots, adding a rustic feel to the room.
- Wood bowls with fresh fruit on table tops.
- Drying herbs hang like art.
- Choose a neutral colour pallet with warm tones.
- Vintage and antiques are great ways to incorporate some rusty dusty farm house style
- Old books
- Barn beam mantle over your fireplace
- There are some great shabby chic painters right here in Essex County – start by buying a beautiful distressed piece of white furniture.
- Shiplap is a great way you can hide imperfections in your walls and add style to your farmhouse
- Galvanized buckets
- Wagon wheels
- Black metals
- Wire baskets
- Wood crates
- And of course you need to add a few chickens! They make eggs and they’re super adorable.
A bit of the country is good for your soul!